Discover Caldwell's History
1. Orma J. Smith Museum of Natural History Boone Hall - College of Idaho
Nationally ranked as one of the top Natural History museums in North America, the Orma J. Smith Museum welcomes everyone from serious researchers to elementary school groups.
2. Our Memories / Indian Creek Museum 1122 Main.
This vast museum, with over 30 rooms of historic and social significance is one of Idaho's largest destination museums.
3. Rosenthal Gallery of Art Blatchley Hall at College of Idaho
With an extensive ethnography collection and several exhibitions per year, the Rosenthal is one of southern Idaho's premiere art galleries.
4. Caldwell Train Depot Interpretive Center and Museum 701 Main
Located in the newly remodeled Union Pacific Depot, this museum holds local artifacts as well as an impressive model train display.
5. Glen L. and Ruth Evans Gem and Mineral Collection.
Boone Hall at College of Idaho
This museum houses many gems and minerals from southern Idaho, as well as from the far reaches of planet Earth.
6. Van Slyke Museum Harrison Street in Memorial Park
This outdoor museum, located in Memorial Park holds artifacts which date back to the time of the Civil War. Unique farming equipment and two train cars filled with period articles give a unique view of the past. After relocation from their original sites, two of the area's oldest structures now rest within the museum.
7. Caldwell Library Online
Because this museum does not have a physical address, it can be visited by anyone in the world.
8. Whittenberger Planetarium Boone Hall at College of Idaho
Caldwell's only large-scale museum of the stars offers monthly presentations as well as seasonal displays.
9. History of the Caldwell Police Collection 110 5th Ave.
Conveniently located in the lobby of the Caldwell Police station, this collection holds photographs and items used by Caldwell Police officers in the past and present.
10. Oddfellows (I.O.O.F) Historical Collection 920 Grant St.
Situated in a stately building adjacent to Fairview Golf Course's 9th hole, the Oddfellows Museum showcases local history along with rare Oddfellow memorabilia.